- 10 cups of zucchini( you can either peel them or not)
- 4 oinions
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp course salt
- Combine the above ingredients and let sit overnight.
- The next morning;
- Drain and rinse the mixture.
- Bring to a boil and add;
- cups of tomatoes
- cup brown sugar
- cups white vinegar
- small(6 oz) cans of tomatoe paste
- tbsp dry mustard
- tbsp of cumin
- Bring to a boil again, then add;
- tbsp crushed chili peppers
- tbsp cornstarch
- tbsp nutmeg
- tbsp garlic powder
- Simmer mixture until burnt orange in color
- You can get 12 jars or more depending on what sizes you use.
- I usually buy 2 gigantic zucchinis and that gives me 10 cups.
- Also, this year I did all the veggies in the food processor.
- It turned out good, but I think I’ll go back to chopping the tomatoes by hand for my next batch.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.